Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Thoughts on Theology

Theology never taught me to cast out a demon, love for the person who was tormented did. Theology never taught me to heal the sick, love for the sick person did. Theology never taught me to seek God till His presence manifests to me, love for God did. Theology can't teach you how to fall in love & that is the 1st commandment and what all of the law & prophets hinge on. If theology is sooo good why
 can't it teach you to do the most basic things God actually commanded. In my opinion most theological heavyweights go astray because they cling to theology when they should cling to passion & love. When their mind questions them, their love for God & others, which is the root of your faith, is not strong enough nor deep enough to sustain them. The majority of theological heavyweights in Jesus' day never knew Him, but a band of passionate guys called disciples did, they didn't know all the rules, they just knew they loved Jesus & they would follow Him anywhere, some times they fell, they lived with love challenging them to do more than all the religious theologians, especially when Jesus started talking about drinking His blood & eating His flesh. If you believe in God, you should seek Him diligently, you will eventually find out wether He is real and whether He is worthy of seeking or not. As for me, I know God is real, I saw His glory appear in my front yard much like Moses saw... No, I couldn't see His face, it was one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me, but theology never led me to the place to seek such an encounter, passion did.

No comments:

Post a Comment